Olive tapenade is a wonderfully versatile condiment. It can be used as a dip for bread or crudite. Spread it on your favorite sandwich or use it to top chicken or fish.
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup pitted green olives (any type-use your favorite!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup OMG! Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until chunky. You want the chunks to be small but if you overdo it you will end up with a paste. Tapenade will keep for 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
*This recipe is a great basic tapenade. Feel free to experiment with changes or additions to make it uniquely yours. For example you could add roasted red peppers or use roasted garlic instead of fresh.